The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 motorcycle... not a Brough !

.jpg   21687625_10214918336932999_8316989615622723913_n.jpg (Size: 135.1 KB / Downloads: 219)
A somewhat eccentric motorcycle that was well known around Malvern in late 1940s and 1950s. Built by Dave Peace (my Godfather) in 1947-48 an OEC (Osbourne Engineering Company) frame and forks that were dug out of a hedge near Cradley Brook, with a BSA gearbox and an Austin Seven engine complete with Radiator, the Bike was sold to Tom Grovsner (my Great Uncle) who removed the sidecar body, added a box to the chassis which he used to carry his ladders around for his window cleaning round, he lived in Lechmere Crescent, after that the bike was sold to the Evans brothers who lived in Jamaica Road, father of the family that now have the TV (Express TV) in Malvern Link. I would love to know what happened to it after that ! Photo was leant to me by Keith Lloyd who originally was given it by Hunter Peace, Daves son. Hunter has told me that it is him in the photograph. I now live in Dave Peaces house . Dave was a teacher of scientific instrument making at the RRE, Hunter was a pupil at Hanley Grammar School.

This from the Malvern History page of Facethingie.........looks like a magneto engine
That’s a great photo and a great machine

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,