The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New member - Wanting an Ulster body
A lot more to consider today, unlike 20 years ago.

When not many people voiced an opinion on Ulster reps or specials.

I would consider the condition of the doner car you are useing.

If it is restorable as it is, not to much rot etc. Then I would agree with others above, I know it will never be worth the amount it costs to rebuild. But its another original car gone.

If the body is seriously bad, and the originality of parts has gone. Then I'm sure many would rather see the car rebuilt as and ulsteroid rather than never going back together at all.

The problem you have from there is with the DVLA. I'm sure someone can update you with how things stand. As far as I have heard is they don't mind a car being re bodied, but it must be with a body type that was used for the age of the car.

As austin never done an Ulster body on a long wheel base, you may get problems in the future.

I agree with austin (dave). The best Ulster reps to build are copies of the originals on short wheel base. And yes with all the right bits. But this can be expensive, and that's why higher prices are asked for them.

Good luck with the build which ever way you go.

Tony.

Messages In This Thread
New member - Wanting an Ulster body - by Eddamoo - 28-03-2018, 08:00 PM
RE: New member - Wanting an Ulster body - by JonE - 28-03-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: New member - Wanting an Ulster body - by Tony Betts - 29-03-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: New member - Wanting an Ulster body - by JonE - 03-04-2018, 08:53 AM