The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Building a Special Body
This pre-war Citroen (the convertible one) is owned by a guy I know that is a 'Carrossier'. The car is all original, but has had a full body off restoration, using two-pack paint subtly dulled off by the use of flatting agent. To the uninitiated you wouldn't be able to tell that it's freshly painted. The oily rag Peugeot next to it is unrestored. Can't say anything about the Austin. I claim the 5th.

[Image: 20190803-110156.jpg]
Tsst tsst Bruce the fifth is not british and certainly not french either!
Apart from that the Citroën looks very good and indeed period. I do like the unrestored oily rag Peugeot too.
Where was that please?
Village fête in Besseges (Gard) this August. The red car on the right is a Panhard Dyno. Lots of mobylettes, US army stuff and even a Bleriot Monoplane (replica)
A bit more progress, body frame now painted and riveted together, I can at long last get back to the skin and start to do the final fit of that. 

Black Art Enthusiast
Strikes me that it's better than a factory made model, very impressive!
Hello Duncan,
Agreed of course. An example to be followed!
(12-12-2019, 06:43 PM)Renaud Wrote: Hello Duncan,
Agreed of course. An example to be followed!

Frankly I'm really very annoyed with Ian.
He's set a standard that makes the rest of us look like shed based bodgers.
I agree but it's not perfect. The speedo cable is a bit out of line...
I am just a shed based bodger too Charles, that's why the speedo cable is not perfect ! Big Grin 
Thanks for all the positive comments they are appreciated, I am not a professional restorer or body builder, just a keen shed bodger who has learnt from past mistakes. I hope this thread inspires others to give things a go and prehaps passes on some of of the knowledge which has been shared with me over the years, most of what you see has been done with simple hand tools.
Black Art Enthusiast
Please excuse the flippancy. Shed bodger or not, Ian your handiwork is exceptional. As the say in France: "Chapeau bas!"