The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocation of the family Chummy…
My parents bought their last Austin Seven in 1970, it was to be the one we used the most as a family.

I was brought home from the maternity ward in it, went to school in it, holidayed in it, learned to drive and went on our honeymoon in it.

VF6498 will be known to many of you - a blue 1929 AD Tourer, originally registered in Dereham, Norfolk.

The car cost £500 and this is my father in it just after they bought it.

Over the last couple of years it has been used less and less, recently our parents went to a BA7C event in it.  On returning home our father decided that he no longer wished to drive it around Bristol any more, he found it too busy and not enjoyable.  To stop the car deteriorating the family decided that it would be best to bring the car up to Scotland so that it could be looked after and also so that Ian may find the quieter roads better to cope with, and drive the car again.

Ian was 80 last Monday and I hitched a lift down with my Uncle to surprise him, this worked!  After a few days with them and my sister’s family, I readied the car to drive back to Glasgow.

Here is the above photo recreated last Thursday…

Our parents say goodbye to VF

Then it was my turn to take the car off the drive of 280 Church Road, in the sane way it had arrived 53 years ago but with over 350000 more miles travelled…

I admit to my eyes being a little damp as I pulled off and waved at them in the mirror, soon however, I was on the A38.

Messages In This Thread
Relocation of the family Chummy… - by Ruairidh Dunford - 11-10-2023, 11:40 PM