The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving a Seven in modern day Traffic
(04-03-2023, 10:37 PM)Charles P Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 07:53 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I regularly hitched from Birmingham to Harrogate for weekends home from college in the early 1970s having done several summer holidays hitching around Europe. I had such good experiences (and improved my foreign languages so much) that I saw it as an obligation to reciprocate for the kindness (wined, dined, accommodated etc) I received. The experiences made me a confirmed Europhile.
My best lift ever was a "oner" from Thessalonika to Trieste.

I hitched around Europe in my sixth form years and must have given my poor mother sleepless nights.

Lots of decent lifts but never from U.K. plated cars, despite the GB sticker on my rucksack. The chap who gave me a lift from Lyon to Clermont Ferrand and thought nothing of using the coned off roadworks lane on the autoroute for overtaking did get me very, very worried. 

Reminds me of an occasion on a autoroute which had a lane coned off. A truck has pushed a line of them to one side, giving the impression to the 2CV driver (the usual French 2 mm from my rear bumper) that the cones were finishing. He pulled out to overtake, only to be met by a wall of cones which he simply had to run into - what fun to see those thrown over the top of his car and skittled across the road.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driving a Seven in modern day Traffic - by Tony Griffiths - 05-03-2023, 02:52 PM