The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving a Seven in modern day Traffic
My experience has been that an Austin Seven is noted, and usually treated with respect. My only two slight incidents involved people ducking into the considerable braking space left between me and the car in front. Both minor collisions caused no visible damage, and in one case a flood of apologies. Which confirms that the behaviour towards the 2CV is wholly intentional. The Citroen seems to produce hostility and serious bad behaviour, drivers pulling out of side streets or miniroundabouts, and this morning the latest example of someone driving at the 2CV on the wrong side at a chicane. When an idiot actually hits it, the damage suffered by the tubular bumpers is minimal. The last VW SUV to hit me sprayed bits of its body trim and enjoyed long gouges, the 2CV was undamaged. Other passing drivers stopped, suggested that the SUV driver was an idiot, and then everybody drove off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driving a Seven in modern day Traffic - by Steve kay - 17-02-2023, 11:02 PM