The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine noise, loads of black smoke, down on power.
My son took me out in my Ruby on Saturday as the weather was nice. The car started easily as it usually does and the engine purred just fine. Within two miles it developed a noise which increased and decreased with engine speed. It sounded like something fouling the prop shaft. We obviously stopped and found nothing.  The engine then refused to start and only started when kind passers by assisted in a push start when the car was at a fast speed. It ran rough with billowing black smoke from the exhaust. It was at this point that I realised something was seriously amiss within the engine. 
We limped back to its new home my sons house.  We will need to strip it down to see the extent of th damage but I suspect there will be some bore scoring.  My block is already bored to +60 oversize. As the car is not a competition car and not driven harshly what do forum members think about reboring to +80 oversize if required.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.

Messages In This Thread
Engine noise, loads of black smoke, down on power. - by John Mason - 18-05-2022, 10:31 AM