The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1930s hood fasteners evidence - plea
I had a Type 65 in my early teens in the sixties. Fitted as many were with a Ford 10 engine, it had a red canvas hood that sat as that in Ruairidh's photos and fastened to the inside of the screen with forks and turnscrews again as the photos appear to show. No fastenings of any type on the doors. It cost £5 as a runner from someone in the village and was eventually sold a few years later for £10 via 'Exchange and Mart' to an enthusiast from Manchester. I can still visualise it leaving!! 

My great regret is that I have no record of its registration number but given it made it to the sixties, I imagine it might well have survived. It might even be that I know it. If your car was at sometime painted light green, had a red canvas hood, a Ford 10 engine and was owned for a time in the sixties by someone in Crigglelstone near Wakefield I'd love to hear fom you. 

Steve

Messages In This Thread
1930s hood fasteners evidence - plea - by JonE - 27-11-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: 1930s hood fasteners evidence - plea - by Steve Jones - 28-11-2017, 12:07 PM