The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Fabric Couplings: The Good and the bad
We do some thousands of miles in our Chummy each year. Once again 12 months or so has passed and another fabric coupling has disintegrated. It came from one of the 'Cherished Suppliers' and replaced another 12 month or so item. The current one appears to be more rubber than fabric.......

I would like to hear where these can be bought, ideally with buyer's/users experiences, good and bad, so i can make an informed choice (if there is a choice at all) of where i try next. I don't intend to reveal the supplier, as this might start a moaning contest that serves no useful purpose....

I have a balanced propshaft, of the correct length, with a free running & sliding Carden joint that is well greased, and has little detectable lateral play in any direction. The output shaft of the gearbox also has no play. The power output is as good as a bog standard engine really gets, and no more.....

Wise words please! Smile Smile

W

Messages In This Thread
Fabric Couplings: The Good and the bad - by Winston Teague - 11-07-2020, 06:57 PM