The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Frederick Wilfred, Street photography, London 1957-1962
End of life Sevens were often as the photo. I briefly ran one and dismantled two. In the early 60s I attended a Wellington Council 6 monthly auction of abandoned cars.  About 30 of. More or less intact old 1920s Essex and the like would fetch L20, a good weekly wage, and Ford 10s twice as much. (A the times cars were kept on the roads here far longer than UK)
The scrap yards today, including the most basic Pik A Part are full of cars often with no obvious serious deterioration. A minor prang is the end for most, esp if of the air bag era. Any mechanical or worse electical or electronic problem is the end because it is so expensive to fathom and access to fix, assuming you can find someoene who can. It all seems very wasteful , even tragic to the likes of me who has eked a lifetime of motoring from seriously outdated cars.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frederick Wilfred, Street photography, London 1957-1962 - by Bob Culver - 19-05-2020, 08:36 PM