The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello again and sorry for disturbing you once again.
When I first opened the wiper I already realized that the screws that attach the clamp to the valve unit could hardly be kept in place simply because the soft material of the valve unit is prone to wear. So I thought about a solution that would not only solve the problem but at the same time avoid further damage to the valve unit. So instead of cutting new threads, widening the holes and weakening the valve unit even more, I "simply" added new screws (M4 x 10) which were cut to the necessary length and - due to their slightly bigger size - perfectly fit into the worn threads. In case that even this does not help I took coupling nuts and made them fit into position. So, I am prepared for the worst...

This procedure has also been added to the PDF-File, not to the video... 

[Image: Lucas_Vacuum_Wiper_Motor_Repair.png]

So, that's it. Hope this will once again help some of you who have been struggeling with this little.... wiper motor.
Regards
Frank

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe - by Frank Stoll - 09-11-2019, 12:27 PM