The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven one of the UKs top first cars
Not quite as long in the tooth as most here, and being a child of the 70s and 80s it was an Austin... but a Mini of course. A bright red Mini Miami... whatever that meant, maybe that it should have been driven like a Testarossa, Don Johnson-style, in a loose fitting Hugo Boss suit with massive shoulder pads and a low cut V neck t-shirt showing off your hairy chest and sun tan... not likely, this WAS Bolton we're talking about...

I did adopt the "spirited" driving style of the Miami Vice squad and managed to roll it after aquaplaning along some deep flood water into a bank in the middle of the night. In my defence, the three cars that approached in the ensuing 15 minutes all almost did the same, your Honour.

My dad went mental, seeing as I'd only been driving 6 months, and he had taught me... then he saw the remains of the car and changed his tune, realising I'd been pretty lucky. Not a scratch on me, however, though I sometimes wonder if THAT was the blow to the head that's made me turn out like I am...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Seven one of the UKs top first cars - by PedigreeChummy - 16-07-2019, 08:12 PM