The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep
If it were me going back to SWB I would forget the semi girling's, they are not a huge advantage other than being slightly more user friendly. Someone is bound to disagree with me, but I am not believer in modification for the sake of it, major machining of the side tubes is required, the mod is hard to reverse, and as I said earlier with cast drums and correct set up the early brakes will stop you just as well, like it or not people that is a simple fact. Added to which Girling's today are becoming increasingly inappropriate on a 1930/31 or earlier vintage car just simply a little more idiot proof. The later wide axles have slightly improved pinion bearings in a modified torque tube and different CWP ratios but all this can be bolted onto a long nose banjo if you feel the need.
A lot of these so called "improvements" are somewhat academic for the use our cars get today, some will say their cars need them and if you are going racing or trailing then I concede its worth undertaking some well considered period alterations, I do so myself, but if you are going to drive the pub and occasional club runs..........I know some people like to tinker and if your hobby is just modifying cars because you can, well if that floats your boat go for it, just don't try to tell me it is necessary because 9 times out of 10 that is quite frankly nonsense.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Erich - 26-04-2019, 02:35 AM
RE: Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Erich - 26-04-2019, 05:10 AM
RE: Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Ian Williams - 26-04-2019, 06:11 AM
RE: Rear axle track on SWB Ulster Rep - by Erich - 26-04-2019, 02:33 PM