The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Austin 7 owner - with much to learn!
Thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks for the the article. (Especially the last picture - Bernard Griffiths car - I am encouraged Smile.

Yes the car is complete. There is a chassis, two engines/transmissions/rearends/front axles. So, there is much sorting to do. The car was apparently found upside down in a field. The previous owner had to search for a windscreen & frame - and, found one, which I am told is lower than original - with the top adapted to match. Oh, and the mechanicals seem to be in much better nick than the body.

I am aware of the register but am not exactly sure where it is - there is a chance this is already in the register - it is registered somewhere.

Interestingly, MY Viva GT is one of 4606 - of which about 65 survive. They only came to Canada for a year - we don't know how many but maybe a couple hundred? I am aware of 5 in the country. (actually 4 as one went to New Zealand - so apparently I am drawn to orphans. Smile

In 2016 we went to Iceland/Shetland/Britain for a celebration trip - and, went to Beaulieu for a day - the day of the Austin 7 show there. Didn't get to see much as we didn't realize it was happening until people were packing up but, what lovely cars! It was amazing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Austin 7 owner - with much to learn! - by jpsmit - 14-04-2019, 01:30 PM