The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front inner hub
Thanks both.
I had a cup of tea and left it alone for a while.
All is now done.
I went it at a lateral way, in that I was worried about terminally damaging the rear hub half/bearing as I had already done to the front half (two 2 foot pry bars did nothing).
in the end I fiddled the new brake shoes into place using a crochet hook so that I could leave the rear hub in situ.
I then drove out the 2 bearings from the replacement front half of the hub by driving the small on onto the large one and pushing them through. I then pushed the original small bearing into the spare front hub half (the spare one was a little rough so decided to stick with the Hoffman original which I know to be good).

The replacement front half then went back easily onto the hub with new gasket and wellseal and all was well.

Phew and thanks again for comments, just wriiting it all down made me step back and have a think.

Andy

Supplementary question:
does anyone know the thread for the grease hole in the front half of the hub. The replacement half seems to have a chewed thread so I can't get the stub 'bolt' into it and so need to clean it through. it doesn't seem to be a standard BSF from my tap collection and looks finer, perhaps a metric?

cheers
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!

Messages In This Thread
Front inner hub - by Andy Bennett - 01-04-2019, 02:33 PM
RE: Front inner hub - by Bob Culver - 01-04-2019, 03:42 PM
RE: Front inner hub - by David Stepney - 01-04-2019, 04:55 PM
RE: Front inner hub - by Andy Bennett - 01-04-2019, 05:21 PM
RE: Front inner hub - by rubyman - 01-04-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Front inner hub - by Andy Bennett - 01-04-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: Front inner hub - by Bob Culver - 01-04-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: Front inner hub - by Andy Bennett - 01-04-2019, 08:19 PM