The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars off the road long term and SORN.
I had parallel problems when I bought my RP saloon in October last year. It had been in long term storage for about 25 years and the owner had an 'old style' V5. This was duly completed and sent off. After about six weeks, I rang DVLA to see what had become of the new V5 in my name to be told that, yes they ahd received notification that the vehicle had been transferred but that the documnet supplied was 'unacceptable' and that, if I wanted a V5 in my name I would have to apply on form V62 and send them a cheque for £25.00! I pointed out that I had supplied them with the V5 that they themselves had issued for the car in or about 1978 and it was not my fault that it was not in the current format. This cut no ice with the rather officious young lady with whom I was speaking.
So, I downloaded a form V62,completed it and sent it off with a cheque for the £25.00 and a stronly worded letter pointin out the facts and stating that my letter was an official complaint. My new V5 arrived within a week. No word of apologybor explanation, but DVLA have never cashed the cheque!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cars off the road long term and SORN. - by David Stepney - 14-03-2019, 10:52 PM