The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine running despite the state of the SU
When I was putting the special together I put a H1 (1 1/8") SU on the engine that I found on my shelves with the intention of sorting it later.  I have now travelled about 500Km and it ran very strongly but for other reasons the engine is out again and as I am waiting for some parts, I thought it a good time to have a look at the SU.  First off it has a damper with a weight but also has a spring also it has a 3/16" hole on the top between the Damper and the butterfly I assume for a vacuum line ...but it was running with OK apart from the plugs being very black and lastly the needle is a GG also I have now blocked the hole.

The engine is standard other than a 37 head that somewhere in the past has had about 1/16" shaved off it and a set of extractors 4 into 2 into 1

Lastly I had a 18mm bung put in the exhaust so I can put my air fuel gauge in to get it right but I do need a starting point with needle and spring or no spring recommendations.
Cheers

Mark

Messages In This Thread
Engine running despite the state of the SU - by Mark McKibbin - 25-11-2018, 09:19 AM