The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The symptoms of a 3 bearing crank failure?
(09-11-2018, 10:20 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: New three bearing crankshafts are available from Austin Seven Club Victoria (see: http://www.austin7club.org/) you must be a member to purchase from their spares department. Tony Press posted a link to the email of the Coordinator recently, I cannot find that post just now however.

If you remove the oil filler tube and shine a torch down inside you will see the webs of the centre main journal, getting a friend to rotate the engine may well allow you to see if the crank is indeed broken.

In my experience most three bearing cranks seem to fail across one of the webs, rather than the journal (will post a photo later), but that is not definative.

Yes from Australia. I have contact details and price Ray and will provide when I get home this evening.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The symptoms of a 3 bearing crank failure? - by Chris KC - 09-11-2018, 11:19 AM