The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Austin Seven on holiday in France
Dear friends,

Sunday last my wife and I left our home in Staffordshire in our 1930 RK saloon for a two week holiday in France. Following a hard day's drive to Portsmouth, we crossed the chanel overnight to Caen. Then using minor "D" roads through  Normandy to Blois; then, Moulin, Lyons to the Haut Savior near  Annecy. 

Our route has taken us through beautiful countryside and it has been very hot at times (38c) but the car has coped wonderfully well. Although we have a sunshine roof it has had to be closed at times to protect us from the sun. 

With more than 1200 miles covered I have oiled the kingpins and greased the fan pulley and steering joints etc, togeter with oil drops to the clutch thrust bearing. Following R's episode last year, I checked the gear box level with the engine dip stick and it was just above the mark and as it was when we left home. I have added 1 pint of engine oil at 500 miles and another just now and that is Comma SAE 20/50. Also put  half a pint of water in the radiator. Have been using  unleaded  98 with no fuel vaporisation issues.

We are both at the elderly end of Austin Seven Friends and we are enjoying our adventure in France and the car has been unbelieveably good. We are due back home at the end of next week.

For some reason writing this post has taken a very long time using our Ipad mini.

Best wishes to you all. Bryan and Roberta.

Messages In This Thread
Austin Seven on holiday in France - by Bryan Downes - 01-09-2017, 05:28 PM
RE: Austin Seven on holiday in France - by Erich - 04-09-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Austin Seven on holiday in France - by Alan - 17-09-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: Austin Seven on holiday in France - by Alan - 17-09-2017, 07:32 PM
RE: Austin Seven on holiday in France - by joe - 20-09-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Austin Seven on holiday in France - by Erich - 20-09-2017, 05:44 PM