The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How brave do you have to be?
Knowing my friend as I do as a very competent driver of high performance cars and a consistent winning racing driver in off road vehicles, I can only put his comments down to unpredictability, not being familiar with driving older cars and their characteristics he was expecting it to behave like a modern, as most of the time we spend driving we concentrate on the surrounding environment, road ahead, other vehicles and so on even when racing, the act of actual driving is most of the time purely  automatic, we do not have to think what we are doing until something different happens. In this case I would say something different was happening for him all the time, the slight steering movement,body roll on the corners and the feel of a direct braking system and skinny tyres, all these add up to consistent concentration and the relaxed automatic control of driving is lost we all experience this but to a greater extent when we have to brake hard or swerve unexpectedly, heart rate up and Adrenalin pumping around the system and leave you on edge for a short while.

Messages In This Thread
How brave do you have to be? - by Phil Kingdom - 30-08-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: How brave do you have to be? - by Erich - 30-08-2017, 08:21 PM
RE: How brave do you have to be? - by Tony Betts - 30-08-2017, 08:26 PM
RE: How brave do you have to be? - by Erich - 31-08-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: How brave do you have to be? - by Tony Betts - 31-08-2017, 09:25 AM
RE: How brave do you have to be? - by Bob Culver - 31-08-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: How brave do you have to be? - by Phil Kingdom - 31-08-2017, 10:34 PM