The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
At the present time my Ruby can be described as an ultra-low emission vehicle - it's not working. I had fitted an Accuspark electronic distributor that I purchased back in 2017 and now out of warranty. I thought it was wonderful, and still do. However, the car has had a number of problems not relating to the unit and so has only covered about 500 miles since fitting. Prior to the 'Sevens to the Sea' run earlier this month the car just died while ticking over. I refitted the manual distributor after the event and ignition was restored, although other problems are currently preventing the car from running. I've exhausted my mechanical knowledge and skills and am ready to concede defeat and appeal to a proper grown-up to help me get back on the road.

Before reaching this hapless situation, I was able to test the unit on the bench as per the very useful Accuspark YouTube video and concluded the electronic module is at fault.

Having contacted Accuspark for advice and knowing the unit was out of warranty they (Jane) agreed with my diagnosis and have very generously offered to send me a replacement module FOC. I cannot praise their customer service and aftercare highly enough.

(I'm tempted to contact Bosch about my 15 year old jigsaw which has just given up the ghost as well, but I don't expect the same level of attention).

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Mick Hanna - 30-04-2019, 03:21 PM