The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
(11-09-2017, 06:58 PM)Alastair Wrote: I said I'd update when I heard back from Accuspark following my new distributor's tendency to self-retard. I didn't hear a thing from them until this morning when a replacement distributor arrived. Its now fitted and running well.
I took the opportunity to investigate the oiler - the thread tapped in the new bodies is M6 but there was enough meat there to re-tap it to 1/4 Whitworth which seems to be what Mr Lucas originally used. As a result I now have an original oiler (Loctited just to make sure)!
I did notice that as supplied, the oiler hole was full of swarf from where it had been tapped originally...

Alastair

Alastair,

All the original Lucas Distributor's seem to be fitted with the bent tube with flip top oiler. The one you have used is the rear axle brake cam oiler isn't it ?

Tony.

Messages In This Thread
RE: electronic distributors - any further feedback? - by Tony Press - 11-09-2017, 11:55 PM