The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
users and non-users browsing forum - observations
I'm not sure if there is an answer to this but I often notice that when entering the forum index area, there is always a huge number of guests, often far outweighing the named members. (this morning, 32 guests plus perhaps 12 named sign-ups). I realise some of them may be bots or whatever, but...

I did have a conversation with someone who views the forum but who, as a result of not signing up, doesn't contribute for whatever complication of signing up there is. I found that quite poignant. And I wonder if there is a way of better easing/assisting the sign up process for people who are, for whatever reason, just watching here?

There are less recognisable names posting here than on the old forum, but that could be for all sorts of reasons including people changing their old user names for something anonymous! But have others got any feedback from people who perhaps used to post and now don't, or for people who experience difficulty getting through signing up?

Messages In This Thread
users and non-users browsing forum - observations - by JonE - 13-06-2018, 07:38 AM