The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
Hi All
I spent all Sunday trying to (re)wire my uncles special with a 6v dynamator. He had it already wired up but it had not worked and I was called into help  Huh ..
Anyway, after essentially ripping out the existing ignition circuit wiring (one wire was in 3 pieces joined with choc bloc) I managed to get the car started!! Great me thinks... I go to switch it off and nothing, it wont stop... I got the engine stopped and went through the wiring again and again. It seems like the ignition switch only works initially after start up.... It works when starting the car (IE when off the car wont start) and then if I turn it off immediately after starting the engine if stops the car.. If I leave it a few seconds and rev the engine then the key has no effect...… It is negative earth but it does not have an ignition lamp.. Its a bit cobbled together and does not have the standard switch panel... The cutout is now completely disconnected as per the instructions. I didn't see a relay and uncle has no recollection, but that isn't unusual lol - do I need one?

I've searched the forum but don't see anything for this specific problem. Attached is a copy of Vince's wiring diagram that I used with a couple of edits.

Any ideas on what I have wrong?
Thanks in advance for any guidance!
cheers
R

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6V Dynamator - first hand experiences... - by Robbie.watson@uk.bp.com - 29-06-2020, 08:23 AM