The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
Dash moved out to access the switch.  I disconnected the speedo, oil pressure gauge, and loosened brackets for starter cable so it could move out far enough.  The wire soldered to the warning ligh was only hanging on by a few threads so I removed it and attached a longer wire to go to the new relay that is required for positive earth dynamators.

Last photo shows new shiny red wires added to attach the relay.  They will all be tucked up under the dash and out of sight.

I also took the opportunity to fix a long term issue where the tail lights only worked when side lights were on.  I needed to move the red wire that I had attached to L to join up with the other red wires at T.

My fuel gauge has also not been working so I tested it while off the dash.  Direct 6v sentbit straight to full so I either have a wiring or sender fault.

Thanks. Yes I saw that in the instructions. The light was glowing brightly on my old faulty dynamo so hopefully it will still be ok.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6V Dynamator - first hand experiences... - by 1938austin7 - 29-09-2018, 04:17 PM