The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
So as at last we at last seem to be getting some honest answers I will nail my colours to the cross, you could accuse me of having an axe to grind well maybe I have. I had dealings with Accuspark about four years ago, their customer service then was appalling to the point of being quite rude, sadly not uncommon there days! I have experience of their electronic distributers and found no real advantage over a perfectly sound original, in my experience the claimed improvements here are true but only over a worn unit, the build quality is not as good as Lucas and I wonder how well they will work after 20 or 30,000 miles. I have no experience of the Dynamator as I have stated I see no real point to the unit, I stick with 6v and run late model dynamos, they are plentiful and easy to rebuild, most problems I encounter when doing so appear to be bearings, brushes and insulators, unless that is I encounter one where someone has tried to seriously push the charge rate up. I guess the Alternators will help with Battery life, however in most cases excessively short battery life is more to do with the owner rather than the dynamo, you must keep your charge rate low and use the summer winter switch appropriately, you must also keep your battery full charged when not using the car. I agree that back in the 60's and 70's many owners would have loved an alternator and bright 36w headlights bulbs, but today that is irrelevant, almost nobody drives long distances at night and those that do have access to LED lamps which cure the load deficiency of the std 6v system. Accuse me of being a purest maybe, I prefer to see it as a voice of reason...if it ain't broke don't fix it, and if you want modern conveniences don't buy a vintage car.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6V Dynamator - first hand experiences... - by Ian Williams - 26-07-2018, 09:15 PM