The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6V Dynamator - first hand experiences...
(12-06-2018, 10:21 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Perhaps the most unfortunate aspect s that the very expensive big ends of most of the cars affected will now be loaded with abrasive debris. Or perhaps there has not been time to circulate.
I am surprised at the degree of wear, especially as one gear remained unchanged. I presume material and the sparse lubrication is the basic cause. Has anyone encountered a similar conflict in any other device?
Perhaps for the next API rating they could add the Seven Dynamotor test. But not much chance without ZDP.

Hi Bob,luckily I have an external filter fitted. I found no evidence of particles in the sump oil so hopefully will be ok. Will change oil & filter after 100 miles to be safe. My take on the new gear is a sharp edge on top of the tooth & badly shaped teeth. Added to that a steel gear of bad form will just chew it’s way thru the cast iron. I had no noise from the gears, just found damage when I checked after reading posts on here. As for Autospark, as people had said the unit was acceptable I personally feel that negates some of the blame with Autospark. It would be sad if they & other companies decided not to put money into developing and suppling parts for our cars for fear of litigation.
Just my view. Regards Kevin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6V Dynamator - first hand experiences... - by jonblob33 - 12-06-2018, 11:18 AM