The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Atlantic Green RAL codes and new 1932 Belco info
(11-04-2018, 08:43 AM)The Austin 10 Drivers Club are working on a publication to interpret their copies of theĀ 1932 colour cards into modern paint code equivalents. Wrote: The problem is this is not the right way to do it. I've been matching colours forĀ 10 years, and over 1,000 colours later we've only had one that came is as a dead match to a modern standard.

It depends on what you want. If you want an accurate recreation of the original colour then it needs to be done in a laboratory properly (such as I did with the set the Clubs Association had on loan). If you want a roughly accurate recreation then a rough match to a modern standard is possible.

I find it frustrating when the technology exists to do a job right that things are still being for want of a better term 'bodged'. That isn't meant to put down those doing the work at the A10DC but I can't think of a better term.

I understand that most people want a RAL code to take to a local paint factors and get made fast and cheap - but these cars are coming up for nearly a century old and we don't tend to compromise on the mechanics, so why compromise on the colour?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Atlantic Green RAL codes and new 1932 Belco info - by Adam Brown - 13-04-2018, 08:59 AM