The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GE Cup - how much luggage space?
I'm not the buyer, just an admirer.

Mine is narrower and lower than an Ulster. Its a lightweight competition special I built thirty years ago. With no spare wheel I've got a box in the tail above the axle big enough for a couple of coats, a tool roll, thermos and lunch. Only one aeroscreen, cycle wings, narrow enough to need staggered seating and the handbrake on the outside.

If I was to put that body in the garage rafters and start again? Strong enough for trials, a fold flat screen, having seen the misery of torrential summer rain in queues in and out of events I think I'd like an emergency hood. (I'm a fair weather walker not an all weather mountineer). Luggage for a weekend away either in or on. Doors? Not sure.

In the same way as competition special building threads often end with "then why not a Caterham and be done with it..." the answer here might be "why not just take your '65 Midget on those trips..."

Back to the GE - I've always looked at them as the sweet spot between lightness and practicality, but never really challenged the "practicality".

Perhaps I was also thinking "pop to the shops for a few bits, but with a passenger" or "school run with sports kit as well as school bag".

Messages In This Thread
GE Cup - how much luggage space? - by DavidL - 20-04-2018, 01:21 PM
RE: GE Cup - how much luggage space? - by DavidL - 20-04-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: GE Cup - how much luggage space? - by JonE - 20-04-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: GE Cup - how much luggage space? - by DavidL - 20-04-2018, 05:04 PM
RE: GE Cup - how much luggage space? - by DavidL - 24-04-2018, 02:19 PM