The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another disturbing noise from Ruby
Charles, many thanks, best laugh I’ve had in a while, in respect to “ …..can’t wait for the final episode” neither can nor the missus for that matter!!

I have built up a test rig to hopefully run the engine on the bench. Had it all set up yesterday but was having difficulty getting the starter motor to turn the engine over. Had tried yesterday but all it would do was whirr round weakly, thought it was the battery, so charged that overnight and tried again this morning but with the same result. I was only using jumps leads between the battery and the main starter terminal and guess this is not sufficient to turn it over. So will make some HT leads to make a proper connection and try again.

Bluebird7 I can detect no movement on the flywheel whatsoever. Without the engine running I can detect no evidence of any such scrapping sounds or any evidence of markings on any surfaces.

I will run the engine and remove items to eliminate them one by one, but first must get the starter motor turning.

I have obtained a stethoscope as Howard recommended.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 18-04-2023, 07:34 AM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Alan - 18-04-2023, 03:59 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 22-04-2023, 11:53 AM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 22-04-2023, 01:24 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Denis Sweeney - 26-04-2023, 01:52 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 26-04-2023, 03:54 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 28-04-2023, 07:01 PM