The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another disturbing noise from Ruby
Ruairidh, I have checked again after your comment, but prior to fitting the gearbox on the bench I had checked all was "clear" and again after the gearbox fitted. Turning the engine over by hand there were no issues noted.

Ivor, I have to say I am in the dark here. The block, head and pistons with the original rings were handed over each pitons clearly marked to its relevant bore. It was the recommendation of the professional to change the rings and whilst I cannot remember the exact conversation we had when I collected the block etc I believed they had been checked for correct gapping.......??
The new rings are not the same as those I had originally fitted the second ring (middle) is made up of two thin flat rings which are set with the gaps 180 degrees apart.

Howard, the flywheel cover is off as you can see in the video.

I have to say in my limited knowledge of rebuilding A7 engines ....or any other engines for that matter, my initial thoughts were that it has something to do with the rings or bores as these is the only things that have really been worked on.

Any other thoughts.....I really do not want to take it all out again

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Denis Sweeney - 17-04-2023, 05:41 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 18-04-2023, 07:34 AM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Alan - 18-04-2023, 03:59 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 22-04-2023, 11:53 AM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 22-04-2023, 01:24 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 26-04-2023, 03:54 PM
RE: Another disturbing noise from Ruby - by Tiger - 28-04-2023, 07:01 PM