The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving a Seven in modern day Traffic
Good to know that you are getting fibre to the premises. We also - surprisingly - have this in my relatively remote village and I've no idea why when parts of Sheffield still don't. Chaps just turned up one day and started digging trenches followed the next week with reels of cable, etc. Even remote farms and houses outside the village were connected. Upon contacting the various service providers to discover the cost all denied any knowledge of its availability - until one day BT came up with £100 per month for a maximum of 500 Mbit/s  and ZEN at £75. Taking the latter, after a couple of months on a rolling contract they offered 1000 Mbit/s for £50, so I took that. Tip: you don't need it; the 20 Mbit/s on our old radio link was almost perfect and I can't imagine that more than 100 Mbit/s would ever be necessary - unless you have a house full of teenagers simultaneously downloading goodness knows what and playing shoot-'em-up games in real-time with contacts in Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driving a Seven in modern day Traffic - by Tony Griffiths - 28-02-2023, 12:24 PM