The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a Nippy project needs a caring new owner
Duncan the type 65 is aluminium bodied.

I disagree with some of the views I am afraid, old car ownership and restoration is not about making money and part of the problem we face with cars being destroyed is because people look at how they can maximise profit from an unrestored car. Many, many cars still exist today simply because someone had the desire to ensure its survival rather than look at its scrap value, and yes that includes parting it out.

I own an RM saloon, it is the earliest survivor in existence, it is still registered and was dismantled by a previous owner. Now if I stick an Ulster body on it, ship and it to the UK I will make a heck of lot of money out of it, if I restore it back to its original condition and sell it here I doubt I would break even, and thats with me having the skills to carry out all of the work myself. Looking at it form a commercial point of view it is a no brainer, looking at it as an A7 enthusiast it is morally corrupt to destroy it. If the right person came along, somebody I could TRUST to rebuild the car not destroy it, they could have it for what it cost me....not much. Otherwise it will sit and wait quietly for its day.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: a Nippy project needs a caring new owner - by Ian Williams - 06-04-2018, 09:32 PM