The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on roll oversteer please
With the big seven axle even with one shackle immobilised, carefully balanced wheels, stiff front spring and dampers I could not eliminate wheel patter unless I set the car up so that it understeered horrendously. With and Ulster type axle I did not have the same issues and could get superb light responsive cornering once the springs and dampers were sorted as already mentioned.

John, The front firewall bulkhead area of my car contains a series of interconnected closed boxes, these to my mind are light and stiff they tie into the floor which in turn closes the boxes formed by the chassis rails and under tray. I have limited myself by wanting to retain the appearance of something recognisably Austin, so mine not exactly monocoque but utilising an element of that thinking. Which is why the visible part of the fire wall is extremely Nippy inspired, and the overall body shape echoes both Ulster and Speedy, I tried to creatively think of it as what Austin might have done had they continued more in the Ulster vein with the LWB chassis. I will post some more pictures on the build thread rather than clog up this one.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your thoughts on roll oversteer please - by Ian Williams - 15-02-2018, 11:04 PM