The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
eBay becomes even less seller friendly
Hi JonE,

Security may be some of it.

But remember I've been buying and selling in the 7 world for 30 years. Trust me when I say I have a good study of austin 7 owners.

Most are told 2 things when they come into the austin 7 world. Everything is cheap? And everything is plentiful?

That may have been true many years ago, but not so today. When it's cheap and plentiful today. It very poor quality.

But today when its pointed out to most owners that on average there cars are 90 years old. And it's not as easy to get things as it was 20 years ago. There eyes open a little. (The thrust is a shock to most).

The reason why more dont advertise and sell on ugleface book.

Ugle face book, the forum, and my own website. Dont have "URGENCY"

The small numbers of owners that realise the world has changed, it's no longer the 1970s. What we now call the dark ages. Use ebay.

So for instance, that coil switch panel you need for your ulster rep. I can list on ugly book, the forum, or 7ca.co.uk and you can view it. You can wonder why it's so expensive. After 6 weeks you may even send an email asking if it's still available. ( if it is theres an excuse to chip the price). NO URGENCY.

But ebay is an auction, there is a finish time. And you will probably pay more. URGENCY, URGENCY, URGENCY. Dont miss it if you need it.

Tony.

Messages In This Thread
RE: eBay becomes even less seller friendly - by Tony Betts - 19-06-2021, 11:16 PM