The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydraulic brake conversion backplate
We fabricate a modern version of the old Bowdenex conversion system with the Girling brakes, we simply copied the old Bowdenex that was on our "65", but using modern cables. We make the fittings etc by turning them on the lathe and then hand filing others. You can see the cables in the Supercharged single seater thread.

It's been so effective that when we set out to build the new car, Dad asked if I wanted to use the hydraulic backing plates that came with the pile of Ulsteroid bits we bought, but I preferred to go with the Bowdenex type.

I thus have a pair of steel backing plates with a modern hydraulic cylinder fitted to them via a cut-n-bolt method - these are definitely superfluous to requirements. The cylinders are small generic rear brake jobs, Nissan or Opel or similar and are brand new. This system is set up to retain the leading & trailing shoe design. I can take pictures of these if anyone would like to see them ?

Cheers
Greig

Messages In This Thread
Hydraulic brake conversion backplate - by Mgibson - 05-02-2018, 09:17 PM
RE: Hydraulic brake conversion backplate - by Greig Smith - 08-02-2018, 08:02 PM