The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven (and other) values........
(07-02-2018, 02:07 PM)vintage_racing Wrote: Rubbish.

Go to any VSCC club event, where you will find dozens of well fettled Austin Sevens, the majority of which driven by younger drivers.

At a recent winter trial, with just over 100 cars entered, almost 50 were Austin's.

Good cars fetch high prices, which is in part reflective of the costs to (re)build.

We are luckier than ever, with cheap motor insurance, a wonderful choice of spares and parts via several key suppliers.  And for those who can't work on their own cars - plenty of skilled engineers to help.

I could list half dozen firms who have over a year's work in their order books.

Agreed, and possibly something to do with the fact that the outlay is relatively small for a 7, however, this is most likely a small niche market, possibly smaller than the kit car market...expensive kit cars, over £50-100K haven't suffered, the kit Cobra and replica GT40 brigade are in a different league. I'm in the sub £30K league and I know this is suffering from a diminished interest.

Certain classics have rocketed whereas MGs tend not have done. Frankly I too want to see prices reasonable rather than priced out. I don't believe that any of us do this for an investment that's for sure. I used to sell a lot of aviation art and many print collectors thought it was an investment...paper and ink fade once framed even if using conservation materials, so little investment. Buy to enjoy the moment.

Arthur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Seven (and other) values........ - by merlinart - 07-02-2018, 02:52 PM