The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Supercharged Austin seven engine advice
The same, Ruairidh.  I think you would be in your mid teens at the time! The top of the tail wasn't doped fabric.  It was actually paper mache.  The tail was made out of a series of plywood ribs, with thin strips of aluminium (scrap offcuts) tacked on. This was covered in a layer of canvas.  The paper mache was done using strips of newspaper (my brothers Financial Times) about 6" x 2" glued on with wallpaper paste.  I think about a dozen layers were applied, it didn't take long.  As it dried it shrank and gave a finish similar to a tortoise shell.  I gave it a couple of coats of yacht varnish then Red Tekaloid.  It was incredibly tough, I reckon a brick would have bounced off.
The body was sold and went onto another chassis, it then went round various dealers in Europe and ended up in Germany, where it has appeared at the Oldtimer GP and other events.  Photos of the car were on the previous Forum.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supercharged Austin seven engine advice - by Malcolm Parker - 02-01-2018, 12:48 PM