The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - What an I missing
Hi Guys

I need help and guidance. My 36 Tourer is causing mischief, it’s an LC engine and standard other than an H1 SU carb and a Bosch 009 Dizzy. Late last year I had issues with rough running and lack of power. Investigations over the winter revealed a fuel pump cavity full of debris, so I removed the pump cleaned it out, blew through the delivery pipe and removed and cleaned the carb. 

Thinking myself very clever, I reassembled and following my release from lock-down went for a start. No joy and when I did finally get it to start, running is most unsatisfactory, booming exhaust, rough, won’t rev, no power and touching the throttle will either cause popping Back or stalling. Fuel provision appears OK, may be running a bit rich but it’s difficult to tell or adjust when it’s running so rough. I have checked and reset the tappets, replaced the coil and given the Dizzy a service (new cap, rotor, points and condenser) and it has a new set of plugs. Engine compressions are 100, 95, 95 and 100 so don’t see a problem there.

I am now getting a bit disheartened and think I must be missing something, any ideas? Having paged the forum I understand that supplied Bosch 009 units fall into 3 categories ie Good, Bad and Ugly. Is it possible this could be the issue and what issues should I be looking for.

Messages In This Thread
Help - What an I missing - by rogersirs - 19-07-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: Help - What an I missing - by Nick Salmon - 19-07-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: Help - What an I missing - by Mark McKibbin - 19-07-2020, 11:47 AM
RE: Help - What an I missing - by John Cornforth - 19-07-2020, 01:05 PM
RE: Help - What an I missing - by rogersirs - 19-07-2020, 01:40 PM
RE: Help - What an I missing - by Tony Press - 19-07-2020, 11:59 PM
RE: Help - What an I missing - by rogersirs - 23-07-2020, 08:20 PM