The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting front mudguards Rtc special
Not wanting to be overly critical but you might need to revisit those stays Howard, when you flatten tubes straight across like that they often fracture from vibration stresses, especially as you will be trialing. I have mounted cycle guards with fabricated stays attached to the Radiator cowl and triangulated down to the cowhorns as per the TT cars and numerous others, if using this method remember that a stay across the inside of the cowl is needed to take the load's and reduce stress cracks in the cowl. A method Joss and I are using on our current specials is variation of the stay used by Austin for mounting Chummy and early saloon front guards, I suggest it is worth taking a look at this option depending on the style of your special. Joss has previously used this design to great effect on the Austin CMC Dieppe owned by Richard McWhannell, you should find pictures with a google search.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mounting front mudguards Rtc special - by Ian Williams - 19-05-2020, 08:14 AM