The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only for those with deep pockets
Well Mike you have me fired up again, I have been back through my archive of pictures, I think I can safely say that the swiss car is very unlikely to be the 1923 JCC 200 car. I am reasonably convinced that it is the first of the three works cars and quite possibly the first definitive Brookland's design......or is it, the works cars had some unique features not seen on the other pre production cars, and we know that a major rethink went into the body design for the production version which became a much sturdier heavier body than these early cars. So are the Production cars the definitive Brooklands, and were any of these ever ever sold with the claimed 75mph certificates, there seems to be doubt about the numbers of certificates issued and I believe the few recorded ones in the Brooklands archives all appear to relate to the pre production cars. We may never know for sure but it is fascinating trying to unravel the story to seperate myth and legend from fact.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by JonE - 20-04-2020, 11:52 AM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Alan - 20-04-2020, 01:40 PM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Alan - 21-04-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by austin - 21-04-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Ian Williams - 22-04-2020, 11:40 PM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Alan - 03-05-2020, 04:27 PM