The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only for those with deep pockets
(21-04-2020, 08:30 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I started this thread with the expectation that it would generate some correspondence, and I have not been disappointed! As expected, opinions have polarised into the two extremes.

Ruairidh is quite correct, this car created quite a crowd at Guildtown last year - I was amongst the onlookers. But I was not looking with appreciation, more with amazement; I thought the 1970s American approach to presentation had long been discarded! Ruairidh may well be correct to suggest that a year or two of use will tone down the 'bling', but no amount of neglect, abuse or creative 'antiquing' will ever reinstate the original factory finish to items like the crankcase and gearbox.

I'm with you on this Mike.
The over-polished "two pack" look makes me feel queasy but then again I'm also no fan of the studied decrepitude school of leaving paintwork appallingly scruffy either. But as has been said the process of time and an aversion to polish will temper most of the finish and that will be easier to achieve than all time spent buffing. Underneath the gloss it's one hell of a car.

Charles

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by JonE - 20-04-2020, 11:52 AM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Alan - 20-04-2020, 01:40 PM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Charles P - 21-04-2020, 09:43 AM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Alan - 21-04-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by austin - 21-04-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Only for those with deep pockets - by Alan - 03-05-2020, 04:27 PM