The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP needed with original painting
I guess with the background  of the picture more or less established it is safe to digress.

People really did picnic like that in the 1920s. I have period  photos of family  with neighbours. Two vast pre WW1 cars parked together on rough ground and, although the Colonies and tradespeople, everyone dressed as the Seven picture, even to the school uniforms. Such picnics were common into the 1950s, although not in Sunday clothes.
The battery on our RP was moved to a box under the bonnet and a Primus was carried alongside. A bit of a threat to the eyebrows for most but my  father was a plumber accustomed to petrol irons. Thermettes were far more common (a cylindrical sheetmetal tank surrounding a central flue; burned sticks)  Person would picnic by the roadside. The tradition, along with evening meal at the beach, seems to have died. Roads are too fast and busy and areas accessible for parking now too bleak. Instead of sprawling on the grass my father usually unbolted the seats, while the running boards provided for children.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HELP needed with original painting - by Bob Culver - 01-12-2017, 07:29 AM
RE: HELP needed with original painting - by Erich - 02-12-2017, 06:01 AM