The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Just how good should the brakes on my Ruby be?
Mark, the upper brake levers on my Cross Tube are set at about 10 to 15 degrees towards the rear of the car and it had been suggested that the lever needed to be rotated further to the rear and that this would improve the set up. This I was finding impossible to achieve even by releasing everything on the system. Please refer to earlier photos. 
But in thinking about the system early in the morning my view was that the nearer to the vertical as shown in black on the earlier attachment this will give the greatest horizontal movement for any given rotation of the tube and I thought the greatest force. 
Being silly and taking it to the extreme, if the lever were set just off the horizontal, for the same given rotation there would be virtually zero pull on the cable and zero force and so my reasoning is that the nearer to top dead centre the better. As I say school was a long time ago.
Cheers
Denis S

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just how good should the brakes on my Ruby be? - by Denis Sweeney - 02-03-2019, 11:08 AM