The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month March 2019
It's St David's Day, so I thought I would post a nice picture of an Austin Seven in a field of daffodils - but sadly I couldn't find a suitable shot. So here's the next best thing:

[Image: 158_28_02_19_6_44_05.jpeg]

A Sheffield street scene submitted by Jeff Taylor, probably dating from around 1936. The traffic signs indicate this is the junction of the A625 to Hathersage with the A61 to Chesterfield, which means the Seven is turning in to Eccleshall Road from The Moor, with London Road off to our right.

What has this to do with St David's Day, you ask? Well, in a complete flight of fancy, it's just possible the car depicted is Dave Wortley's father's car; a bit far-fetched perhaps, but it is an RN or RP, the registration number is impossible to read except the first letter which is a W, and I don't think I am imagining some sort of mascot on the radiator cap ... and Arthur's car had an RAC badge prominently displayed on the cap!

Edit: ... and I've just noticed what looks like a mirror on the front wing, which also featured on WJ 3246!

Messages In This Thread
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month March 2019 - by Mike Costigan - 01-03-2019, 09:52 AM