The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
turbo with port injection on methanol
(23-12-2018, 09:47 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote: That looks like great work there.  I would also be interested in the exact make up of your valve gear, including valve caps and springs, if you don't mind sharing. I've been using old style mini valves with machined down valve caps for a long time now . These valves work with British Leyland E series valve springs -none of these bits are quite as over-the-counter at the parts store as they used to be.
Valves are FORD ZETEC  with titanium retainers . The valves are stainless , tulip shape , smaller stems . Springs are aftermarket for length and resistance seated and at full lift . The hard part was guides needed to be made to fit . Ports are larger with valve guide shortened and stud above not showing and all studs water sealed at block .. Lifters drilled with 2 holes ,  shortened at top , no lock nut and adjuster shortened and smaller head (10 mm. wrench).. ARP studs , washers ,  nuts , most places .. A precise 3 angle valve seat , cut , not with stones,  positioned correctly on valve .. Be 100% sure valve job is the best with someone who cares about your project and will take the time to do it right .. PICS later ..  STEVE
[Image: 46385754772_5df10771f3_k.jpg]

BTW, I did the engineering and trackside on a blown Methanol fueled A7 single seater some years ago. Over several seasons racing it did seem to suffer more than its share of cracked blocks, I came to the conclusion that it was due to the massive difference in inlet and exhaust temperatures with alcohol fuel. The later 10 stud blocks for the blown works cars had a different shape to the exhaust port which allowed for coolant circulation around more of the exhaust valve seat circumference.

(23-12-2018, 11:34 PM)jansens Wrote: I like that for a US car it's still left hand drive!

Is it still running on the standard Austin king pins? I am guessing at Bonneville there is little turning involved usually but the spindles really look tiny on the bigger wheels. Also what is the front spring? It seems a standard straight axle with a very arched spring?

Simon

Bantam was built in Pennsylvania USA . Front suspension is Bantam , the spring is mono leaf I think for Model A standard , not arched .. Turning at B ville mainly after run getting off track . Steering radius restricted so you can,t turn to sharp and flip ..  Caster is about 8 to 10 degrees back for better tracking . The frame is below the spring with spacer to lower front of car .. Wheels original  15" and no frt.  brakes , mechnical rear with hand lever ..  Been watching tv series about Queen Victoria , she is great  !!    STEVE
<p><br></p>

Messages In This Thread
RE: turbo with port injection on methanol - by steve anderson - 24-12-2018, 06:27 AM
Bantam Christmas turbo - by steve anderson - 25-12-2018, 08:31 PM