The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stator tube ignition plate diagnosis
(12-12-2018, 09:54 AM)JonE Wrote: great, thankyou both.
Tony - can you remember how the BM136 Control Bracket Tube is actually secured at/in the bottom?
Can't make it out from Woodrow.

I think it was a tight push fit in the brass 'bottom thrust bush' or 'Bracket'. On the original assembly the tube was broken off  at the bracket but I found another bracket without a tube and pushed the replacement tube home without soldering. Working well so far (five years )

(12-12-2018, 01:32 PM)Stuart Joseph Wrote: Hello Jon. I was recently faced with the same task. I used a socket on the large brass nut at the bottom of the steering box expecting it to be screwed into the aluminium however the nut and stator tube turned. It seems that the nut is screwed into the brass 'thrust' washer inside the steering box and I couldn't find a way of holding it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordhire

Stuart

A simple way to hold the brass 'washer' is to screw the steering column down on to it - thus locking the worm  onto the thrust face of the brass 'washer' as Dave suggests, then unscrew the nut. (after drilling out the centre pops)

Messages In This Thread
stator tube ignition plate diagnosis - by JonE - 11-12-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: stator tube ignition plate diagnosis - by Tony Press - 12-12-2018, 11:05 PM