The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days?
I'm 45 too. My main reason for joining any car club has always been access to parts/spares as most clubs only sell to members.

Second is to meet other people with knowledge to share.

Events don't worry me too much although some clubs do arrange events more in line with what I personally would find interesting, such as race/hill climbs and visits to interesting sheds/places. One has arranged visits to an aircraft restoration place I am annoyed I miss since I am now in the wrong part of the country. A club is more likely to be able to do such things than an individual just turning up for a tour.

Friends in Ak have organised and run very useful body building workshops that I would also be going to if I was still living up that way.

The clubs offer a few other perks. Cheaper insurance, special deals on the inter-island ferries and so on which are useful.

Simon

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days? - by jansens - 28-10-2018, 07:36 PM