The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days?
I’m 68 and don’t feel it, well my brain doesn’t,sometimes my body puts up an argument. I enjoy working in the workshop and have several projects on the go. I like continental stuff and a few larger type runs . Not too bothered about club runs unless there is something interesting at the end of it.
Dislike static rallies, I feel that you can only look at the same cars a few times before you get like the proverbial Gold fish. 
Club nights are only as good as the people there, if they are boring , so will get bored. A good natter with a few like minded people can be good but you do need a controversial individual as well, usually me.
I like quizzes, not necessarily car orientated. I do an annual navigation quiz where by I provide a part map reference and a clue to find the rest of the reference, this seems to go down well as November’s quiz will be the third. Freely bag also goes down well. We do a treasure hunt in the summer, usually goes down well. We have a film night and if anybody wants to do a talk, on basically anything as long as it’s interesting to the majority , it’s entertained.
At the end of the day you need membership,our club now has been catering for 7-10-12-+ in the main but other cars are welcome.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days? - by Derek Sheldon - 27-10-2018, 06:54 PM