The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Battery Charger / Battery
Hi,

Around one year ago I bought a new 6 volt battery but problems with the car and a lack of time means I haven't actually run the car since then.

Periodically I have been putting it on charge using an "intelligent" charger.   Normally, when you connect this it senses that it's a 6-volt battery and three lights come on, one to indicate mains voltage, one to indicate 6-volt operation and the other that it's charging.

Yesterday however only the mains light came on and no matter what I do no other lights come on.

I tried measuring the voltage between the two crocodile clips but this is zero.   On a more basic transformer / rectifier set up this would convince me the charger has failed but should I still get an output from an "intelligent" charger if it doesn't see a load?

I've tried to borrow a charger but all the neighbors ones are only 12-volt and I'm reluctant to buy another charger if it's actually an issue with the battery.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

John.

Messages In This Thread
Testing Battery Charger / Battery - by John P - 02-10-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: Testing Battery Charger / Battery - by John P - 04-10-2018, 11:12 PM